Open Call Information
Important information about our show as it pertains to Covid-19 :
The safety and well-being of our artists, volunteers, students and art supporters is of utmost importance. Our ideal scenario is to host our physical show as planned and as detailed in the following. However, in the event this is not possible, artists will be notified immediately. Additionally, any LIVE SHOW fees paid will be refunded to artists as quickly as possible.
THE LIVE ART SHOW
Fine Art Gallery (juried)
We welcome back our popular Live Art Gallery show and local fine artists, accepting up to four (4) works of hanging art or two (2) sculpture pieces. Physical space is limited so artists are encouraged to apply early. Instructions for “art in” and “art out” along with requirements for hanging art and packaged displays will be provided when entrants are juried into the show.
Artisan Vendors (juried)
.We also welcome back Artisan Vendors across all artistic mediums. This is an additional live show which gives dedicated inside booth space to artists and artisansThe entry fee entitles each artist to one 6×3 table and two chairs. If desired, artisan vendors may bring their own table but the inside booth space is no more than 8×8. Only your own original art and/or hand-made crafts will be accepted. Due to limited space and the popularity of the live show, we suggest submitting your entry for jury as soon as possible, since the various types of art mediums will be limited in numbers. Setup instructions will be provided when you receive confirmation that you are juried into the show.
We welcome also the reason for our existence — Student Art. We plan to feature student art from both Canby and Wilsonville High Schools, as everyone enters the Live Shows, and will be displayed and streaming throughout the facility all weekend.
THE VIRTUAL EXHIBITION ART SHOW (not juried)
The Virtual Exhibition returns, giving entrants across all art mediums the opportunity to be featured with their own PORTFOLIO page beginning November 5-6-7, through the holiday season, to the end of the year. Our coverage last year brought in several thousand viewers to this show. All entries to the live show artists and artisans are eligible to enter their work into the Virtual Exhibition at no additional charge.
Artist portfolios will include:
- Bio/Artist Statement
- A photo gallery of your works (up to 12).
- Links to inquire or to purchase directly from the artist.
- A link to a YouTube/Vimeo or other URL to share a special art project.
THE VIRTUAL EXHIBITION MUSIC STAGE (juried)
For Musicians who meet the eligibility requirements, the Virtual Exhibition “Music Stage” will give auditioned and selected entrants the opportunity to be featured with their own PORTFOLIO page beginning November 5th and online through the end of the year and to include:
- Bio/Musician Statement
- Up to three (3) SoundCloud.com audio links.
- Up to three (3) YouTube and/or Vimeo video link.
- Links to inquire or to purchase directly from the Musician.
All artists are invited to enter more than one show. You can even enter all shows. A discount will be applied. Friends of Charbonneau Arts also receive a discount at checkout.
- Live Art Gallery Show (juried) – up to four (4) hanging pieces or two (2) sculpture pieces: $45 *
Options also for:
- Packaged/Bin Art – For juried in, Live Art Gallery Show only: $15
- Packaged/Greeting Cards – For juried in, Live Art Gallery Show only: $15
- Both Bin Art & Greeting Cards – For juried in, Live Art Gallery Show only: $25
- Live Artisan Vendor Show (juried) – Up to 8×8 inside booth space: $50 *
- Virtual Exhibition Art Show (not juried) – Online art portfolio, up to twelve (12) works of art with links to artist for inquiry or purchase.
If not entering either of the live shows: $30 * All juried in live show artists and artisans are eligible to enter their work into the Virtual Exhibition without charge.
- Virtual Exhibition Music Stage (juried) – Online music videos and portfolio with links to the performer for inquiry or purchase: No fees
- No jury fees.
*If artists enter both live shows, i.e. Live Art Gallery & Live Artisan Vendor, a discount of $15 will be applied at checkout.
- $10 additional discount available for “Friends of Charbonneau Arts” members.
- Anyone who participates may offer a dollar donation or gift an item for our virtual Silent Auction.
Commissions & Sales
- Live Art Gallery Show: 25% commission will be retained on sales to benefit the local high schools. We will manage all fine art sales through a central sales checkout.
Artists’ checks are mailed to the address provided on their application within 2 weeks following the show. Should your address change between the time you submit your application and the weekend of the show, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Live Artisan Vendor Show: All sales are between potential buyers and the artisan vendor.
- Virtual Exhibition Art Show: All sales are between potential buyers and the artists and artisans.
- Music Stage: All sales are between potential buyers and the musicians/performers.
Art Media Categories
- Colored Pencil
- Digital Art
- Mixed Media
- Other Art Media as juried
- Live Art Gallery Show: For jurying, artists are asked to submit four (4) photos of their works for hanging art or two (2) sculpture pieces. The photos you submit must be representative of the art or be the art, you plan to hang or display at the live show. For artists juried in to the show, you will be offered the opportunity to upload photos of the artwork you finally select for show, when you are sent further instructions. Packaged art is limited (because of space) to the first seven (7) juried artists in the live show who apply. Juried artists with packaged/matted art and/or cards must provide their own art bin and/or card display. Small tables will be provided, where needed. All artists will be required to use the “Inventory and Tagging system” for both hanging and packaged art. Instructions for this will be sent to each artist once juried in.
- Live Artisan Vendor Show is limited to no more than a 8×8 booth space. A table and chair is provided to artisans. Access to power needs to be requested.
- Virtual Exhibition Art Show: Artists and artisans may submit up to twelve (12) works of art. Followng the deadline, you entrants will be given access to populate their very own portfolio page. Only .jpg, .jpeg or .png formats are accepted for graphic files. Entrants will want to present their work in the best possible light – photographed to plain backgrounds, remove the glass from framed work to remove glare, etc. As the Virtual Gallery Show extends to the end of the year, you may contact our Site Administrator to replace art and/or mark items as sold.
- Virtual Exhibition Music Stage: Entrants may submit up to three (3) SoundCloud.com links and three (3) YouTube or Vimeo links.
- All entrants give Charbonneau Arts approval to select submitted artwork to use in their publicity and to offer viewers to share Portfolio page information on social media.
- If 2D artist entrants need the services of someone locally to digitize their artwork for the Virtual Exhibition, we can suggest options. Please contact our site administrator if you have this need.
- Artists & Artisan Vendors – no geographic limits. All artwork must be original. Art media categories include those listed in the following. When applying, you will be able to indicate your media category for each of the photos you upload for jurying and/or to populate your portfolio page in our Virtual Exhibition.
- Musicians – must reside in Oregon. Participation is limited to Jazz (Standards, American Song Book, Latin, Jazz-Blues, R&B) and Classical music artists who perform as soloists or in small combos or ensembles.
Our curator is planning to judge the live fine art gallery show and the virtual exhibition show along with an independent panel of art judges and instructors. These will be ribbon, not dollar awards. “People’s Choice” awards will also be presented.
Location & Show Hours
Friday, November 5th
5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
“Gala” Reception & Live Silent Auction
Fine Art Gallery, Student Art & Artisan Vendor Shows
Virtual Exhibition Begins
Saturday, November 6th
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Fine Art Gallery, Student Art & Artisan Vendor Shows
Live Silent Auction
Sunday, November 7th
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Fine Art Gallery, Student Art & Artisan Vendors
Live Silent Auction
The Charbonneau Country Club
32000 Charbonneau Drive, Wilsonville, OR 97070
Please do not call the CCC office. This is not a CCC sponsored event.
By July 12:
The Open Call to Artists & Musicians begins
Open Call to Artists & Musicians Deadline to apply. At 10:00 pm
By September 10:
Juried entrants notified and provided with any additional instructions provided.
“Art In” for Live Show Artists & Student Artists
Setup for Artisan Vendors
Opening Night “Gala”
Live & Virtual Art & Artisan Vendor Shows begin
Live Silent Auction begins
All ribbon awards announced for Live Gallery Shows
“People’s Choice” Award announced
Silent Auction ends at noon. Pickup available from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
“People’s Choice” Award announced.
Live Shows end at 4:00 pm.
“Art Out” for Gallery Artists and Artisan Vendor Shows breakdown 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
By Nov 20
Ribbon awards announced for Virtual Exhibition Art Show
The Virtual Exhibition closes
Marketing & Publicity
- Online Media Kit page for download of postcards, posters, flyers, and event badges
- Pamplin Media coverage – articles, social media coverage beginning in August
- Boones Ferry Messenger postings beginning in September (to Wilsonville readership)
- Charbonneau Villager Articles throughout the year
- Charbonneaulive.com articles and alerts through the summer & fall
- Social media coverage on FB & Instagram
- “Save the Date” postcards – displayed at libraries, selected local locations
- Flyers & Posters – available or displayed throughout at selected locations in Canby and Wilsonville
- Wilsonville Arts & Culture Council partnership – alerting their followers
- Charbonneau Arts online – alerting their followers
- Festivalnet posting
- Clackamas County Art Alliance calendar posting and alerts to their followers
We hope most questions are answered in the above and when further instructions are provided to those juried into the Live Art Shows and to the Music Stage. If you still need help, here are those to contact:
Chair, 2021 Charbonneau Festival of the Arts
John McLain, email@example.com
Live Art Gallery & Artisan Vendor Show
Leslie Leeper, Fine Art Curator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shirley Hoem, Artisan Show Chair, email@example.com
David Rowe, Music Stage Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Exhibition Art Show
Elaine Swyt, Site Administrator, email@example.com.
Elaine Swyt, Silent Auction Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Entry Technical problems
Elaine Swyt, Site Administratorm email@example.com.